Lodi Electric Utility Public EV Charging Station Replacement Project Update – January 2022
The City of Lodi Electric Utility (LEU) is happy to report two new dual port ChargePoint Level II Electric Vehicle Charging Stations are activated and now available for use at two locations including the City’s Finance Department and Hutchins Street Square on Walnut Street. While progress continues to be made at remaining locations to better serve Lodi’s EV charging needs, staff have unfortunately encountered delays as it relates to supply chain and design challenges. However, rest assured the City is committed to working through these challenges to complete the project as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to complete all efforts within the coming months.
While construction activities are underway, alternative EV charging stations in Lodi may be located here.
Please note that stations listed may charge for access or may have limited access; it is therefore recommended you call the station using the provided contact information for more details.
Currently, the City makes available to the public free charging at its 7 Level II EV charging stations located at City Hall, Finance Department, Hutchins Street Square, Library, Downtown Parking Garage, and Animal Shelter. To address parking challenges, the EV charging station located at the City’s Animal Shelter will be removed permanently. A new charging station will be installed at nearby Kofu Park in its place. All remaining, existing charging stations will be replaced with dual-port stations and two additional stations will be added at Hutchins Street Square and one additional station will be added at the Downtown Parking Garage. Existing stations have reached the end of their useful life and newer stations are available with increased functionality and options for consumers.
|Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger (Residential)|
|Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger (Commercial)|
|Electrical Vehicle Charger Installation (Residential)|
|Electrical Vehicle Charger Installation (Commercial)|
- Rebate Guidelines
- Documents You'll Need
- Apply For Your Rebate
- Terms and Conditions
- EV Charging Rate
- EV Meter Submittal Checklist
- See EV Meter Submittal Checklist. Complete checklist.
- Contact the City of Lodi’s building department (209-333-6714) for permit requirements. Or, click here for Construction Permit Application (PDF). And, click here for Checklist for Expedited Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permit (PDF).
- Commercial installations require a Construction Permit Application. The Checklist for Expedited Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permit does not apply.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than 180 days after the purchase of the Level 2 charger.
- This program has a limited budget. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, until funds are depleted.
- The level 2 charger must be installed at the residential dwelling unit or commercial location receiving electric power from Lodi Electric Utility.
- Qualifying Level 2 (240-volt) charger must be: new and unused;certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL Listed); ETL Listed; or approved by the City of Lodi Building Department. Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims, or new parts installed in existing units are not eligible for rebates under this program. The Level 2 charger must be wall-mounted and installed by a licensed contractor.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected. Applications must include all required information.
Before submitting your application, make sure you have the following:
- Lodi Electric utility account number
- Submitted and received approval of your EV Meter before applying for the building permit
- Receipts or invoices
- Final building/meter permit
- Read and sign customer acknowledgement
13.20.325 - Schedule EV—Electric vehicle charging service.
A. Applicability. This schedule is applicable to single-phase electric vehicle charging service in single-family and multi-family dwellings separately metered by the city.
Customer Charge ..... $3.00
|EV Charging period (per kWh)||Schedule EA|
Tier 1 - $0.1428 / kWh
|Non-EV Charging period (per kWh)||Schedule EA|
Tier 3 - $0.3366 / kWh
C. Energy Cost Adjustment (ECA). An energy cost adjustment shall be included in each bill for service as provided in Section 13.20.180 Schedule ECA—Energy cost adjustment.
D. Billing Cycle Charge (Monthly Bill). The billing cycle charge is the sum of the customer charge, the energy charge and the ECA.
E. Definition of Time Periods:
Times of the day are defined as follows:
EV Charging period: 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Monday through Friday (and all day weekends and holidays).
Non-EV Charging period: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding weekends and holidays).
(Ord. No. 1941, § 1, 5-3-2017)
Electric Vehicle Meter Submittal Checklist (PDF): Please note. You must be pre-approved for a new EV Meter installation. Follow the instructions on this application before applying for your building/meter permit. A pre-inspection by LEU Engineering staff is required when a separate meter is installed for an EV charging station.