As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active.
Here are a few ideas for staying active indoors.
- Take a Virtual Fitness Class- There are plenty of FREE options online. Here are just a few:
- For the Kids:
- Saskia’s Dansschool - Easy fitness choreography for kids and adults
- Basketball Drills for Kids
- Moe Jones - Workout for Kids
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
- Funology - Homemade Toys
- GoNoodle– Indoor Recess and fun/active videos
- Art For Kids Hub - drawing lessons for kids
- 30 Free Educational Resources
- Let's Move - Staying Active for Kids
Did you know that the current social distancing recommendation allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the Social Distancing Requirements...such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking and running."
Here are a few ideas (don’t forget your Social Distancing rules!):
- Visit a local park - Our parks are free and still open to the public
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say "hi" (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside too
- Enjoy using local paths and trails