Youth Swim Lessons
Swim Lessons - Spring Session: May 4-June 3
Scholarships available! Learn more about the Brian Stocker Scholarship here.
5-week session of ten 25-minute lessons.
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays during session dates
Location: Hutchins Street Square Indoor Pool (125 S. Hutchins St.)
Group Lesson Fees: $65 Resident, $75 Non Resident
Private Lesson Fees: $110 Resident, $120 Non Resident
Group Swim Level Descriptions:
Minnow (Level 1) Ages 4+: Must be at least 36 inches to the chin and willing to enter the water. In this class students will become comfortable in the water, learn introductory stroke mechanics and be taught basic water safety skills. Students will be introduced to floating, locomotion, bubble-blowing, kicking, and arm movement.
Seahorse (Level 2) Ages 4+: Must successfully pass Level 1 or meet the passing requirements of Level 1. Students will learn locomotion and floating in the water without support. This class builds foundations for swimming independently and teaches students primary stroke mechanics that will enforce higher level learning. Students will be introduced to breathing patterns, body positioning, wall gliding, and coordinated kicking and arm movement.
Jellyfish (Level 3) Ages 4+: Must successfully pass Level 2 or meet the passing requirements of Level 2. Students in level 3 build upon skills learned in level 2 and provide guided practice. Students learn how to perform the front crawl with side-breathing and back crawl, unassisted. Students will be introduced to the 4 primary strokes and will be able to demonstrate proper kicking techniques.
Otter (Level 4) Ages 4+: Must successfully pass Level 3 or meet the passing requirements of Level 3. In this class students will develop previously learned strokes. Students will refine and develop mechanics in the 4 primary swim strokes and build on foundations learned in previous levels. Students will begin to swim unassisted in all strokes for extended yards and practice drills to continue improvement.
Private Lessons Ages 4+: This class is designed to fit the needs of the swimmer's skill level and ability.
- Make sure you have selected the appropriate level. Transfers to another level after registration will incur a $10 transfer fee.
- If it has been more than 6 months since their last session, we recommend the child repeat the last level they completed.
- Most children remain at the same level for two or more sessions.
- If unsure which level your child is in, please refer to the lesson levels description and pick the level you are sure they can complete the skills in.
- Your child will not be moved to a different level or class if registered incorrectly. You will have to pay the transfer fee and space is not guaranteed in the next level.
- Make sure that your child has a swimsuit and towel at each lesson.
- Swim caps and goggles are optional.